market-farming - shell beans varieties

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sue <swtgrssfrm AT nls.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: shell beans varieties
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 09:15:34 -0500

Hi,
My husband I had our meeting with the local organic grocer and
restaurant to line up what we will be growing for them this growing
season. The restaurant has asked for black eyed peas and I have been
searching for seeds in all of my seed catalogs and can't find any. does
anyone have any experience with growing black eyed peas and wouldn't
mind throwing a little advise my way?
I thought I might try some shell bean varieties. Does anyone have a
favorite?
Thanks,
Sue Steiner
Sweetgrass Farm