market-farming - Re: Market niches

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: suzyr AT netos.com (Suzy Roth)
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Market niches
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:15:08 -0800

This year I will try golden beets-I have planted them in the past with bad
results. This year I think they will get planted into soil blocks and
transplanted out instead of direct seeding because they have such bad
germination and I have so few seed-but at least I got some seed today (yay!)
from seed saver after ordering from 3 different companies and finding all
but one were already out.

Johnny's sent out a note to say they have golden beet seed now (their catalog had said they didn't have any due to crop failure).
www.johnnyseeds.com

Suzy Roth
Thistle Ridge Farm & Gardens
Issaquah, WA