market-farming - Quality of the list, unsubscribes, personal restraint

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marcie Rosenzweig <fullcircle AT jps.net>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Quality of the list, unsubscribes, personal restraint
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 08:31:28 -0800

I got this message this morning from someone, I'll not name, but I
consider one of the more valuable subscribers to this list. It is
representative of several personal messages I've received since this
weekend.

Marcie,
I regret that I have come to my limit of wading through so much activity
on this list. The sheer volume is exhausting. Obviously, it is a necessary
forum for many. My wife has become irritated by the time I'm spending trying
to keep our e-mail list clear. I can't imagine how much of your time this
list is taking. For now, I need to unsubscribe to the market-farming list
until spring activities makes the volume more manageable.

Two things come to mind on this.

1. I'm no longer willing to lose folks due to the volumn of off-topic,
personal, and one line replies. If you have been personally contacted by
me about this behavoir, especially, if I've written you more than once
about the same problem or different problems, please revisit the FAQ. I
will unsubscribe repeat violators in order to preserve the only forum we
have for production-oriented discussions for market farmers.

2. All should realize it's winter, and somefolks, especially on the East
coast are snow-bound. Both the volumn and the volume of this list will
deminish as Spring comes and we're all on our land. One solution to
feeling overwhelmed therefore unsubscribing, is to sign on as user through
the website. With your e-mail address and a password, you can search an
individual topic, pre-screen all posts before reading them, and post - all
without filling your mailbox. Obviously, this doesn't work for everyone,
but it is a alternative to stay active.

Please people, I really don't want to be an ogre about this, but I want
this list to be productive for everyone.

Marcie A. Rosenzweig
Full Circle Organic Farm
Auburn, CA