market-farming - Re: Quality of the list, unsubscribes, personal restraint

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Farr <rbfarr AT erols.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Quality of the list, unsubscribes, personal restraint
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 11:57:31 -0500

Marcie:

As I noted in a post a couple days ago, the easiest way to avoide
reponding to the list is to make the "Reply" function go to only an
individual, not the entire list.

I understand there is an issue with this (from your response to my
suggestion). But folks like me who get over 200 e-mails A DAY -
sometimes 300 - get used to just hitting "Reply", and don't mean it to
go to the entire list. Because other listservs are set up this way, we
have a Pavlovian response to "Reply". Because the Market Farming list
doesn't work this way, it's hard to un-learn that reponse.

Teaching an old dog new tricks, and all that.

Perhaps this will help you in your quest to fix that issue.

Thanks for a great list!

Robert.