market-farming - Re: Help with irrigation and mulch

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: BBGREGSON AT cs.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Help with irrigation and mulch
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 22:54:12 EST

Bob B.
We get "nursery ground cloth", don't know the brand, from any of several
wholesalers. It comes in 3', 6' and 12' widths. 300' of 3' cloth costs just
under 50$. So we use 3' in most rows, 6' between rows of summer squash, pole
beans and tomatoes. And thus we save water (drip tapes are placed under the
ground cloth each season) and never cultivate the rows. Big job getting
everything set up in the Spring, but no weeding or cultivating during the
season.
Bob G.