livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Prepping

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Prepping
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 20:43:23 -0000

Perhaps you should Google "Arctic News blogspot". The articles there are not so optimistic and worse, there is no prepping possible for that.
john

Useful & constructive info there. I will comment on the no "huge tragic
thing
to prep for" tho. Climate change is one thing that's not a "maybe" or
far off possibility. It's here now & certain to get much worse in our
time, & now no major scientific organization on earth disputes the fact.
Trouble is we really can't predict exact effects in specific regions for
the most part (coastal areas are toast).

These 2 articles are the more optimistic of many & not much of a guide

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/climate-change-underway-in-us-report-says/2013/01/11/b5ec843e-5c23-11e2-88d0-c4cf65c3ad15_story.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/science/earth/extreme-weather-grows-in-frequency-and-intensity-around-world.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

there are too many more sources, disagreeing only about how much & when

http://www.ucsusa.org/assets/documents/ssi/climate-change-statement-from.pdf

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2009/01/26/203610/noaa-climate-change-irreversible-1000-years-drought-dust-bowls/

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2012/10/14/1009121/science-of-global-warming-impacts-guide/

I don't like it any more than anyone else. We're growers in semi-arid
Southwest already, retired & hardly able to relocate as it is.