livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Warming Trends

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Lori <bakequery@aol.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Warming Trends
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 08:22:21 -0500 (EST)

There is a very interesting article on Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles  that presents some very interesting theories re: the warming trends we are experiencing on the earth, expecially the part about Axial tilt (obliquity).   Basically it is describing a theory explaining that the variations in the orbit of the earth is why we are experiencing warming trends.  No matter what we do, the earth is on a trend moving it's orbit closer to the sun for the next ~26,000 years.  This orbital tilt is causing the Southern Hemisphere to be colder and the Northern Hemisphere to be warmer.  If the ice in the north does melt perhaps that will be balanced by the lessening of any melt in the south. [my theory]
Lori