livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Prepping

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Prepping
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 12:40:33 -0800 (PST)

Hi Lori

I didn't realize you were looking abroad.  I have a GF that lived for a decade in Guatemala and loved it.  Never horribly hot, always mild, never frosty.  The politics of that nation are still both being manipulated by outside powers and recovering from a pawn past, so she eventually ran into a season of heavy falling political corpses and came home.  Looking to the equator will probably get you a place with a stable set of temps and low seasonal change.  Just look for a place with enough altitude for pleasant temps, little to offer the big corporations and no military interests.

As to the climate issues, Paul

I certainly agree with everything you say, I am just a political person.  I am sure you will acknowledge that money to produce and aggravate misinformation, divisions and conflicts have been raining on the US more regularly than ehem, rain.  While there are some GREAT opportunities to confront and address those waves of disinformation, sometimes it is also worthwhile to address the basic agreements so many of us have, that are often obscured by this polarized situation.

Yours, Pego