livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] We already grow enough

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] We already grow enough
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 08:23:40 -0600

Ed & all my view has been the whole earth system won't allow more growth,
more consumption etc, & the biteback is already increasing in disease,
famine, malnutrition, poverty & wars. Population growth is fastest in the
poorest places & my bet is 2 out of every 5 babies born that are in extreme
poverty won't live to reproduce much. So it's my view we won't have options,
that "steady state" will be forced on us by resource depletion & hitting
limits to growth.