livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] "You don't actually drink the milk do you?"

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] "You don't actually drink the milk do you?"
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 03:30:24 +0100

I agree about the protein Pego not that I have ever found it much in blackberries.
As to pee drinking...I know that the production of pee costs our bodies about 30% of our daily maintenance energy. Getting rid of the waste products is hugely expensive in energy terms. Then re- ingesting that? Many mammals use pee as a skin care stand by.

I do more than talk about raw milk and free range eggs and fruit Pego but at the same time I realise that this makes me a criminal in the eyes of the "law". I have too many battles going on already to take this subject up in public.
john
Not worms, John, Protein!

I know that it is mind bending to hear such statements drop out of people's mouths, I just consider that this level of ignorance is RIPE for education.  After all if people can be persueded to drink pee for their health with nothing but a fad to support it, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urine_therapy you and I should be in the cream, talking about milk and eggs and free-range fruit.

Yours, Pego

<<But thinking back...it must be nearly 20 years ago that my children walking
to school picked blackberries along their way and some of their peers found
this "gross" because they had learned at home that blackberries were ful of
worms. Few people pick blackberries here and they are everywhere wild for
the taking.

And we have seen people here who could not eat a fresh, free range egg
because it was "too strong". Some people ask specially for well sprayed
vegetables because they "would die" if they found an insect or a slug hiding
under a leaf. And these are rural people. The cities are much better.>>John>>