livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] "You don't actually drink the milk do you?"

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk@allspecies.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] "You don't actually drink the milk do you?"
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 09:12:01 -0500

If you have attractive, productive gardens in close proximity to people, let them see nature work and taste real food they will come around. It's in there genes. A couple of years ago i took some city kids out to see Lily the cow. A reverent silence fell over the kids. They milked her. We separated the cream off and made butter and buttered the bread from wheat that we harvested earlier. They will never ever believe that milk comes from the store again. We need more Lilys and willing farmers and we might be able to crawl back to sanity.
Marty