livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Victory Gardens?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <harvey@themodernhomestead.us>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Victory Gardens?
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 10:50:11 -0400

On 05/25/2011 11:50 PM, Tradingpost wrote:
Well said: "There is a war on health going on because there is money in health
problems". Exactly. Big Pharma, Big Ag,& Madison Ave will do anything, literally,
to make money, and our health is nowhere on their radar screen. ~Paul

And don't forget Big Gov as well, Paul. I've heard Sally Fallon make the point that the medical "industry" broadly defined employs just about exactly the numbers of people that have been lost from the land with the "advances" in farming. With the result that the economy is critically dependent on that employment sector--an outbreak of 100% perfect health in this country tomorrow would be an economic catastrophe.

So when politicians set public health policies, fund research, etc., of *course* they're going to go with the big-profits *solutions* rather than with *prevention* through natural means and more sensible living. I'm not saying they're making those decisions consciously, but "where the money is" adds a huge tilt in health policy in favor of big-money solutions.

~Harvey

--
Harvey in northern Virginia
www.themodernhomestead.us

My book, THE SMALL-SCALE POULTRY FLOCK: An All-Natural Approach to Raising
Chickens and Other Fowl for Home and Market Growers, will be published this
year by Chelsea Green Publishing
(www.chelseagreen.com/bookstore/item/the_smallscale_poultry_flock).