livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Victory Gardens?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Victory Gardens?
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 21:50:44 -0600

Well said: "There is a war on health going on because there is money in
health problems". Exactly. Big Pharma, Big Ag, & Madison Ave will do
anything, literally, to make money, and our health is nowhere on their radar
screen.

I was telling the doc I won't take a statin; I see no numbers indicating a
problem. So he says, OK, how about niacin? Then writes me a script for
something called Niaspan. Jeez. I looked at
http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-4467-Niaspan+Oral.aspx?drugid=4467&drugname=Niaspan+Oral
& http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNot-Dd8_-g &
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H10HK-K-wIM&NR=1 - but of course the doc said
nothing about diet & exercise - or possible liver damage - he isn't paid to
keep me healthy; he's paid to push drugs.