livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Grow Your Own Mycorrhizal Fungi

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk@allspecies.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Grow Your Own Mycorrhizal Fungi
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 09:15:50 -0500

Watch our Growing Mycorrhizal Fungi, Part Two. Filmed May 2011 at Niles Garden and shows the growing of mycorrhizal fungi for use in inoculation. This video follows an earlier film and shows transplanting bahia grass seedlings into growing containers outdoors. Updates will follow.

Written instructions we followed, mostly - http://www.rodaleinstitute.org/20101206_a-complete-how-to-on-farm-am-fungus-inoculum-production

***We have lots of bahia grass seedlings for anyone who can pick them up. Please

Mycorrhizal fungi help put fairly persistent carbon in the soil, increasing productivity and water holding capacity.

Please adopt organic no till gardening methods and put carbon in the soil not in the air.

Marty 816-333-5663

  • [Livingontheland] Grow Your Own Mycorrhizal Fungi, Marty Kraft, 05/26/2011