livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Victory Gardens?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Liz" <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Victory Gardens?
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 09:16:30 -0400

Full of unsupported claims and at least one outright inaccuracy--GM seeds are not the same thing as "terminator" seeds.

Probably much of it is true, but as the author himself says, "An ounce of experience out weighs a ton of stale unevaluated data." It might better have been phrased, "A little bit of research outweighs a ton of soapbox ranting."

I'd like to see references for the claims on teenage sexuality vs pregnancy rates, and the claim that the earth has lost 80% of its usable soil minerals. And while I think he's almost certainly right about the role of the pharmaceutical industry in enabling the high rate of obesity, cancer, diabetes, et al, the lack of sources doesn't help his argument.

But I'm all for more Victory Gardens.

Liz

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>