livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Go green: how to plant a foolproof vegetable garden?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Go green: how to plant a foolproof vegetable garden?
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:28:41 -0700 (PDT)

I'm with you

I have Nooo problem starting tomatoes.  For onions, a friend just gave me her version.  plant heavily seeded blocks one year. take them apart and plant the bulbs next year.  Now if I can get these carrots to cooperate.. :)

Yours, Pego

<<But I do think the statement that tomatoes are tricky to make your own transplants from seed is nonsense--they are easier than most other veggies, I find. I'm having wicked trouble with onions from seed!>>>Barbara M>>