livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Go green: how to plant a foolproof vegetablegarden?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Liz" <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Go green: how to plant a foolproof vegetablegarden?
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 14:22:15 -0400

I haven't tried onions from seed yet, meant to do that this year and just had too much else to deal with. Never had a problem with tomatoes, but I've known people who said they couldn't grow tomatoes from seed. I think they just didn't make an effort to have the right conditions, as tomatoes will definitely get very leggy and weak-stemmed if they don't have sufficient light.

I just transplanted 36 very healthy strong-stemmed tomatoes into larger pots. They grew so well that they were already root-bound, and it's going to be at least another two weeks before they can go in the ground.

Liz

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barbara Money" <bmoney9@verizon.net>