livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Bio-Char test garden

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: richard green <greenrw71@hotmail.com>
  • To: <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Bio-Char test garden
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 21:20:45 +0000

My compost is made from horse manure, chicken manure, oak leafs ,and garden clippings sprinkled with some garden soil. Alas my friend sold the horse I think the pigs manure which I am collecting daily(keeping the smell down)will come in handy in the future. The only difference between beds 3 and 2 is the COF in bed 2. Cotton seed meal,rock phosphate,kelp meal,lime are an expense I would like to minimize. Beds 2 and 1 are the same except for the addition of inoculated charcoal in bed 1. My soil is builders sand it cant grow a radish without lots of prayer. I have considered doing four raised beds three foot wide fifteen foot long. Bed 1-as the soil is, Bed 2-compost only, Bed 3-compost, COF only, Bed 4-compost, COF,Inoculated charcoal. My space is limited in an urban setting but this I could do. Looking back at my original post ,the numbering of the three beds was I see confusing.

Rick