livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Bio-char test garden

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: richard green <greenrw71@hotmail.com>
  • To: <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Bio-char test garden
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 21:49:12 +0000

Good points Barbara, and during the test Magic juice usage will be as a last recourse and applied equally to all beds. I also think the only reason it works(if it works) is because of what it is inoculated in and what's added to it after its in the soil. Which might not be a bad thing. Compost breaks down releasing nutrients. How much of those the plants catch before leaching away depends on many factors as I understand it including soil type. If the charcoal acts as a nutrient sink and absorbs and hold them before leaching that could be of help. I have sand and tropical heat.

Rick