livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The Working Poor

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The Working Poor
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 07:24:05 -0700

This year some companies have reported a boom in seed sales. It seems that
when budgets get tighter a lot of people start gardening or expand what they
have. But you're right, starting when you can't find or afford food is a day
late and a dollar short as they say. And producing good food isn't any easier
with a college degree - I know.

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

"If your experience is that your water comes from the tap and that your
food comes from the grocery store then you are going to defend to the death
the system that brings those to you because your life depends on that; if
your experience is that your water comes from a river and that your food
comes from a land base then you will defend those to the death because your
life depends on them. So part of the problem is that we have become so
dependent upon this system that is killing and exploiting us, it has become
almost impossible for us to imagine living outside of it and it's very
difficult physically for us to live outside of it."
— Derrick Jensen