livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] the learning curve

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <harvey@themodernhomestead.us>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] the learning curve
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 07:34:59 -0500

On 12/07/2010 08:02 PM, richard green wrote:
Hi Harvey, I've enjoyed reading several of your articles on the web site looking forward to the book. Steve Solomon is a grown man and capable of defending his own opinions, of which he has many.....His last book was indeed mis-titled but worth reading it did contain some good information. It is surprising how few sharpen a shovel. On a side note I have also doubled the size of the compost bins hope to increase the amount I am making, now I've only got to find enough raw materials.

Rick

Rick, thanks for being in touch. Yes, I found some things of value in HARD TIMES as well. And as I said in an earlier post, I honor the guy for the great work he's done of putting up the library of great out-of-print books--I've grabbed a few myself. I also contributed a book to the library, which involved some agreeable correspondence with SS.

Yes, I'm looking fwd to the book as well. Deadline zooming up and lotta work to go.

~Harvey

--
Harvey in northern Va
www.themodernhomestead.us

My book, THE MODERN HOMESTEAD POULTRY FLOCK, will be published next year by
Chelsea Green Publishing.