livingontheland - [Livingontheland] You asked! / market season ends

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] You asked! / market season ends
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 19:25:51 -0600

Well Zack, you asked for suggestions. ...

paul tradingpost@lobo.net
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Resources

http://www.farmersmarketcoalition.org/resources/

* Farmers Markets (A guide for organizers and vendors from ATTRA, 2002)
http://www.attra.org/attra-pub/farmmrkt.html

* Getting Started with Farmers’ Markets (PDF guide for farmers from
the Wallace Center, 2007)
http://www.wallacecenter.org/our-work/handbook-download/handbooks/copy_of_Farmer11-1_Sc.pdf

* Recipe for a Great Farmers Market (PDF article in Growing for Market)
http://www.farmersmarketcoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/recipeforagreatfm_gfmdec05_nplanck.pdf

* Farmers Market Resource Guide (PDF from the Farmers Market Consortium,
2007)
http://www.farmersmarketcoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/fmc_resourceguide_august-2007.pdf

* Safe Handling of Food at Open Markets (PDF from Kansas StateUniversity)
http://www.farmersmarketcoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/foodsafetyatopenmarkets_ksu.pdf

* Establishing & Operating a Community Farmers Market (PDF from the
University of Kentucky, 2002)
http://www.farmersmarketcoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/establishing-operating-a-farmers-market_uk.pdf

* Farmers Market Development Manual (PDF from the Iowa Department of
Agriculture & Land Stewardship, 2003)
http://www.agriculture.state.ia.us/pdfs/IFMDevelopmentManual4.pdf

* Farmers’ Markets Rules, Regulations and Opportunities (PDF from the
National Agricultural Law Center, 2002)
http://www.nationalaglawcenter.org/assets/articles/hamilton_farmersmarkets.pdf

----------------

Farmers Market Associations

* State Farmers Market Associations
http://www.farmersmarketcoalition.org/state-farmers-market-associations/

* Step-by-Step Guide to Establishing a Farmers’ Market Association
(PDF from the Farmers’ Market Federation of New York)
http://www.farmersmarketcoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/developingfma.pdf

Developing and Improving a Market

* Recruiting Vendors for a Farmers’ Market (PDF guide to market
start-up from the Wallace Center, 2007)
http://www.wallacecenter.org/our-work/handbook-download/handbooks/Farmer11-1_Sc.pdf

* Farmers’ Markets and CSAs on Hospital Grounds (PDF from the Going
Green: A Resource Kit for Pollution Prevention in Health Care, 2007)
http://www.farmersmarketcoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/fmscsas_on_hospital_grounds_gg.pdf

* Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) Primer (from MarketUmbrella.org)
http://www.marketumbrella.org/index.php?page=ebt-primer

* Prerequisites for Establishing a Farmers Market (DOC prepared by R.
Alden Miller, 1992)
http://www.farmersmarketcoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/prerequisites_for_establishing_a_farmers_market.doc

Funding for Farmers Markets

* Farmers Market Promotion Program (FY 2008-2009)
http://www.ams.usda.gov/fmpp

Market Evaluation

* Tools for Rapid Market Assessment (PDF from Oregon State University
Extension Small Farms Program, 2004)
http://http//www.farmersmarketcoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/tools_for_rma.pdf

* Sticky Economic Evaluation Device (SEED) from MarketUmbrella.org
http://www.marketumbrella.org/index.php?page=seed

* A Learning Approach to Strengthening Farmers Markets (PDF from Oregon
State University Extension Small Farms Program, 2002)
http://http//www.farmersmarketcoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/learning-approach-to-strengthening-fms_osu.pdf

* When Things Don’t Work: Some Insights into Why Farmers’ Markets Close
(PDF from Oregon State University Extension Small Farms Program,2006)
http://www.farmersmarketcoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/why_fms_closeosu_sr1073.pdf

Food Safety at Farmers Markets

* Food Safety for Farmers Markets (PDF from University of Nebraska,
2007)
http://www.farmersmarketcoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/food_safety_fms_ne_2007.pdf

* Food Safety Begins on the Farm: Reduce Microbial Contamination with
Good Agricultural Practices (from the Good Agricultural Practices Network
at Cornell University)
http://www.vegetables.cornell.edu/issues/foodsafe.html