livingontheland - [Livingontheland] market season ends

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] market season ends
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 20:14:12 -0600

It is with relief, and a little sadness, that our successful market season
comes to an end this Friday. We still have lots of unripe and green tomatoes
that will never get picked or eaten; the extra freezer is full now, with more
sweet peppers with no place to go. Our appreciative, constant customers will
have neither variety till next summer. So with too much wind to start the
winter work I've started going through some books again, Rodale's 1969 Best
Ideas for Organic Vegetable Growing, Sheperd Ogden's 1992 Step By Step
Organic Vegetable Gardening, and Eliot Coleman's1989 New Organic Grower. So
much still to learn, so little time.