livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Peak Oil is History

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Peak Oil is History
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 23:37:04 +0100

Also in this view Transition can only work with some who are able and motivated to Transition to more low tech ways of living and providing for the necessities of life.

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

What makes it even more interesting is that quite a few smart people (Stephen Hawking for one) have come to the conclusion that we only have a few centuries to go escape this planet and travel through the galaxy if we don't want to become extinct. The coming bottleneck will no doubt mean that we must live with less technology for a while but if we do not rebound smartly the news will also be bad.
Interesting times,
John