livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Peak Oil is History

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Peak Oil is History
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 22:24:52 -0600

As I mentioned to Ed at the market today, I can't agree or support everything
I pass on about the near term - but I strongly believe people have a right to
hear all sides of these controversies. And whether we get our media news from
left or right or in between it's still all the same side and still in denial.
We're trying to see the big picture here.

It's been said that the perfect storm (simultaneous and irreversible economic
contraction, resource depletion, climate change) coming is not a problem to
be solved but a sea change to adapt to. In this view political activism is
energy going into a black hole going nowhere. Also in this view Transition
can only work with some who are able and motivated to Transition to more low
tech ways of living and providing for the necessities of life.

--Henry David Thoreau