livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Peak Oil is History

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: EJ <emj@uvic.ca>
  • To: Healing Hawk <healinghawk@earthlink.net>, Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Peak Oil is History
  • Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 08:09:06 -0700

I'm sure it's comforting to consider that you will be one of "those of us who survive", but I wouldn't be so sure of who buries who.

On 03/09/10 9:07 AM, Healing Hawk wrote:
Orlov has had it dead on for years, and pulls no punches. Good stuff,
although I would hope that we (the minority who are in the process of
preparing for massive culture change)will become more effective in our
outreach and awareness raising.

Transition builds community between people and their government(s)so the
people hold the political power to direct government, as plutocrats have been
used to doing in the US. I'm not sure anyone expects to displace the
plutocrats, but governments will serve the people as they serve the
plutocrats. Plutocrats are less than 1% of the US population, yet they rule
through directing government to do their bidding. When Transition reaches
1%, we'll do the same. So Transition isn't gloom and doom. It recognizes
that some people are too damaged to have the resilience to change, and we'll
bury them, just up the road, but, at the same time, cultural evolution is
(however slowly) occurring, and those of us who survive are not only healing
but gaining social and political sophistication, as well.

Thanks for this quote.

Smiles.
Tommy

-