livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Transition Lifestyles: Satisfaction

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: <pbunch@cox.net>
  • To: livingontheland <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Transition Lifestyles: Satisfaction
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 7:52:54 -0700

I'm really interested in how people on the list relax and recreate. One of
the great challenges of the transition will be finding low material
throughput means of having fun and finding meaning in life. In fact this is
perhaps an area of greater personal interest than the agricultural aspects
although the two are not necessarily or at least completely separate. All
work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

At this point we are making the transition from urban living to country
living and are so busy we don't think much about it. Things we do however
include trips to other small towns in the area to get to know them and what
they offer, occasional trips to some of the other interesting locations
nearby, birdwatching, botanizing, gardening with flowers and other non-food
items, reciprocal visits with neighbors for chats and meals, listening to
music via the internet and on CDs, going to an occasional concert or theater
event (in Medellin there are a lot of free opportunities), learning to play
the guitar, and who knows what else that does not come to mind just now.

Anyone?

Phil Bunch