livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Experiment in Country Living<Goodchild

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Experiment in Country Living<Goodchild
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 09:36:14 -0700 (PDT)

Groundedness, being "Well Grounded" means having a good foundation, well connected to logic and reality.  In people, it also connotates internal strength on an emotional and mental level.
I brought this point up because there are a lot of people looking at this lifestyle and all our variations on it, from my little backyard HOA homestead to some fair sized farms and know that in their own lives, the do not feel that sence of being grounded in reality.  There is also this.  There are just some points in our life that the "feeling" escapes us and then our logic wavers. Sometimes it bears reminding of not just one point, "I want to be here" but the many points that have lead to "this is the best place from which to weather life's extingencies"  We all know what causes people to question their "experiment in country living"  and often to leave the land.  Here in the clear light of day we also know that those same disasters show up no matter where we are or what life we've chosen.  Money rears it's ugly head at times like these.  It is good to address it clearly.

Yours, Pego

<<But as Mitch said the sort of lifestyle we're advocating should not be evaluated in monetary terms. I agree it shouldn't be dismissed because it's not good income. Yet local growers need to find ways to at least make growing supplement whatever income they have. We know the personal benefits.>>paul tradingpost@lobo.net>>