livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The only way to tell what your soil really needs???

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: <pbunch@cox.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The only way to tell what your soil really needs???
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 15:06:12 -0700

High elevation tropical soils seem to be a bit different. I think the one I
am working with is oligatrophic like a high mountain lake ;-( The top soil
layer has high levels of organic matter but the nutrients are so low that
growth happens very slowly. Where nutrients are added growth is normal given
the temperature regime.