livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] 7 "Healthy" Foods That Contain One Deadly Ingredient

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Patricia Ruggiero" <ruggierop@earthlink.net>
  • To: "'Tradingpost'" <tradingpost@lobo.net>, <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] 7 "Healthy" Foods That Contain One Deadly Ingredient
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:18:56 -0400

> You're way ahead of me; I've only learned of some of these things to avoid
> in more or less recent research and for my own medical reasons. Store
> shopping is a real problem when you try to dodge everything with HFCS,
> MSG, and glutamate in all its disguises. Since we won't go near Whole
> Paycheck, that leaves only two places for us in a city the size of
> Albuquerque. Even then we have to go around reading ingredients.

It's true, we began making big changes quite a few years ago; I have no
difficulty avoiding food with HFCS, MSG, etc., because I cook from whole
ingredients, both store-bought and home-grown. You'll get it worked out,
soon enough.

As you already know, I DO shop at Whole Foods, for meat and bulk items
(grains, beans, nuts) mainly. I guess I go there about every 6-8 wks; when
I'm there, I also fill the rest of my shopping order, mainly because grocery
shopping once a week is all I can stand, so I'm happy to get it all done in
one place and go home.

Write me off-list if I can provide any useful information regarding health
and food.

Pat