livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Ten Surprisingly Sugary Foods

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: ruggierop@earthlink.net, livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Ten Surprisingly Sugary Foods
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:19:22 -0700

Hey, cranky is good ... maybe their stress should be on the idea of a
balanced diet. Too much sugar or too much of a lot of things is not ideal.
For the reasons you mention, eating whole fruit is better. BTW I go for the
red grapes instead of red wine. The health proponents of red wine never
mention the empty calories in alcohol.

My SSB (sustainability soap box) again:
Oh well, if times keep getting harder for a few more years we won't have to
concern ourselves much with processed foods. Or if we hit any of several
tipping points then just-in-time distribution will be just-ran-out-of-it.
Healthy eating (low cost health insurance), home growing and cooking and
local food security all march hand in hand.