livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] 7 "Healthy" Foods That Contain One Deadly Ingredient

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Patricia Ruggiero" <ruggierop@earthlink.net>
  • To: "'Healthy soil and sustainable growing'" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] 7 "Healthy" Foods That Contain One Deadly Ingredient
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 14:37:47 -0400

> So what's wrong with just eating unprocessed fruit and vegetables?

I don't understand this lead-in to the article. Not one item mentioned is
an unprocessed food. Even the canned vegetables and fruits are "processed,"
in the sense that they have undergone the canning process.

As for bread, it's true I make ALL of ours, not bothering with the stuff in
stores. But I would point out that the HFCS in most commercial sandwich
loaves is probably only what's added to energize the yeast which, in home
baking, is normally 1 tsp barley malt or some other sweetener. And it's
been digested by the yeast -- I wonder what the products of yeast metabolism
of HFCS are...?

Pat (who also doesn't buy ANY of the other foods mentioned in that article,
and hasn't for a very long time)