livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] When the Body Says No: Understanding the Stress-Disease Connection

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Carrie Shepard <carrieshepard@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] When the Body Says No: Understanding the Stress-Disease Connection
  • Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 08:12:05 -0800 (PST)

Pete,

I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm studying essential oils and am now a CARE
Intern with www.raindroptraining.com. Many things we inhale are quite
damaging to the brain, combine this with ingested toxins such as
pharmaceuticals -- many OTC pharmaceuticals are also mind-altering. Dr. Ann
Blake Tracey's got some excellent material out there about this:
www.drugawareness.org there are some training CD's at
www.abundanthealth4u.com also. I just wrote this for my facebook friends:

Essential Oils and the Limbic Center
Share
Today at 9:25am | Edit Note | Delete
Before experiencing such healing in my own brain and heart from Young Living
oils (Raindrop and 12 scripture oils specifically), I really had no clue or
care about the limbic center of the brain. Now, I can't study enough about
this region of the brain!

The OKC Metro friends of the library booksale yielded my latest awesome
bargain book: Understanding Pathophysiology. Last year's sale allowed me to
buy a wonderful anatomy book and this one is totally complementary.

When you inhale a pure therapeutic grade essential oil, the olfactory bulb is
taking those frequency filled/info carrying molecules straight into the
limbic center of your brain. Likewise, smelling toxic chemicals is also
delivering them straight to this region! So, having heard this already in eo
classes, it's been on my mind to study what this means and why it's so
important.

All the other senses are wired into the intellectual part of the brain, while
smell goes to the limbic center...
p. 295 of Understanding Pathophysiology tells us " The Limbic system
(emotional brain) is composed primarily of structures surrounding the corpus
callosum and parts of the diencephalon. Though it has primary connects with
other parts of the brain, notably the thalamus, fornix, septal nucleau,
amygdaloid nucleus (the tip of the caudatus nucleus, one of the the cerebral
nuclei), and the hypothalamus, the limbic system is involved principally with
primitive behavioral responses, visceral reaction to emotion, feeding
behaviors, biologic rhythms, and the sense of smell. Expressions of affect
(emotional and behavioral states) are mediated by extensive connections with
the limbic system and prefrontal cortex.

Now think about all the functions connected just with the Hypothalamus:

Visceral and somatic responses
affectual responses
hormone sythesis
autonomic nervous system activity
temperature regulation
feeding responses
physical expression of emotions
sexual behavior
pleasure-punishment centers
level of arousal or wakefulness

Many people report sleeping better and feeling more refreshed upon awakening
after even just one raindrop. The first time I diffused Inner Child, I found
myself laughing at everything by evening and I am able to see the humorous
side to many things since then.

I love it that Young Living offers a 1/2 off coupon for a diffuser with their
Start Living kits, so people get an amazing value there on a delivery system
for the oils and an air purifier at the same time.

Now off to get get my diffuser running with some hyssop and eucalytpus -
today's experimental blend :)

Blessings and Health!
Carrie Shepard, CI
www.tulsacareintensive.eventsbot.com