livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Permaculture - Farms for the Future

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Debbie Mcdonald <belynor@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Permaculture - Farms for the Future
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 06:32:59 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Tommy. As to the statement by Bradshaw, I have not found falling in
love with another human, though wonderful, to bring near the same feeling as
the sense of JOY I feel in times of walking in, or even driving and viewing
nature at certain times. There have even been times when the colors of the
leaves on trees seemed to be hyper in appearance to me and I asked my
daughter if she thought it seemed that way and she had no response, lol. My
husband passed three years ago and I am still grieving but one thing we could
not share was my love for nature as he just did not have any of it in him.
His hobby was skeet shooting, lol
I did my own driving and looking for this land and it took over two years
as I wanted to be inspired and joyous and to be so in love with the land and
wake up each day and give thanks that this is what I have. I hope that does
not sound shallow for it is not in any way, it is that these old tall
trees(for texas;) and the jillion birds and all the other animals and the
sound of the water etc, the ferns in the low spots where the water runs, I
just cannot feel depressed when I am smart enough to focus on these things. I
wish the area was less populated:).