livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Root Cellar Re: 11 Best Foods You Aren?t Eating

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Root Cellar Re: 11 Best Foods You Aren?t Eating
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:34:15 -0700

We were harvesting brussels sprouts to eat and freeze in November, but don't
bother with other late brassicas to freeze - lack of room in the freezer (one
we found at Habitat for $75). Also the beds are pretty much full up with
market crops. As for climate, we're at 6200 elev and flat, bare plains so we
get wide temperature swings, with average frost in May and end of Sept. Which
is why we go to the trouble of starting a lot of things in the greenhouse.
Dynamite? More like we'd spend the money on something more pressing, and you
can't dig very deep by hand here. And I get plenty of exercise and sun as it
is .....

I have to delete your posts to be able to reply, otherwise I get an error
message about it having a line feed without carriage return.