livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Fw: Re: The Climate Science Isn't Settled Confident predictions of catastrophe are unwarranted.

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: pete <pete.rout@virgin.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Fw: Re: The Climate Science Isn't Settled Confident predictions of catastrophe are unwarranted.
  • Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 18:41:33 +0000

The way I look at it is that it doesn't matter who is right at the moment.
If we decide that there will be no catastrophic climate change and do nothing about it and we are wrong.  Then we are in trouble.
If we decide that there will be climate change and we do everything to mitigate it and we are wrong.  Then we will have no trouble and a better life.
Has someone said it is no good having all the knowledge without the intelligence to use it properly.
I think there are too many people with knowledge but are not intelligent.
Pete

Here's a link that rebuts Lindzen.  Climate science is not controversial, among scientists.

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2006/04/lindzen-point-by-point/

Smiles.
Tommy