livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] We Can't Reform Health Care without Reforming Food

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tameson" <tamesonob@metrocast.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] We Can't Reform Health Care without Reforming Food
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 17:00:51 -0500

----- Original Message ----- This may be part of a larger thing; homemaking has become so commercialized and fragmented. Kids aren't sent out to pick something from the garden. Family dinner table is often a thing of the past. The kids activities keep them away from helping out at home. Two income families are now required. We work longer hours with less sleep and fewer vacations than Europeans - and we're pleased to think we have a higher standard of living (whatever that means), but we don't. Who has time? In some countries food is more of an enjoyable social event. Here, not so much.

You totally hit the nail on the head Paul.

Tameson