livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] We Can't Reform Health Care without Reforming Food

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dan Conine <dconine@bertramwireless.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] We Can't Reform Health Care without Reforming Food
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 15:37:24 -0600

Message: 7
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 11:48:25 -0600
From: Emery Mitchamore <emitch@att.net>

I'm finding that our problem with this subject is very mundane: Growing some of our food is easier than preparing it. That has surprised me, and I still don't have a solution. Preparing healthy, fresh food so that it is delicious requires some skill, time and effort. Surely that is not an uncommon problem.

Yes Mitch, I know what you mean. Though I am a great fan of CSAs(I found the
hard way that the model doesn't work for my addled brain at this time), the
CSA works well at distributing information and developing community as a
family type environment. We can give out pamphlets and recipes at the
markets, but it isn't the same as having worker share subscribers coming
together for meals and seeing how things are prepared.

Dan C.