livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Prof: Grazing a mixed bag

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: mdnagel@verizon.net
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Prof: Grazing a mixed bag
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 20:25:13 -0500 (CDT)

I've been wanting to get one, but, it's a bit hard to justify when I don't even have any land on which to use it :-(  Maybe someday...

But my comment was with regard to trying to manage large areas, such as what the article was referring to.  These, of course, will be too big to succeed.

Mark Nagel
Everett, WA

Jul 19, 2009 10:53:06 AM, livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
> Yes, periodic mowing, when needed, can help (to catch weedy pastures
> before going to seed). I wouldn't, however, rely on such activities
> being sustainable (machines, oil etc.). ~Mark Nagel

Have you tried a scythe? Great tool, I love using it.

~Harvey