livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] "Down with raised beds" by Gene Logsdon

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Elizabeth B." <spacecitydx@webtv.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] "Down with raised beds" by Gene Logsdon
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 22:10:40 GMT

Thank you Morgan! I I did some checking on this variety and discovered that "Taxi" is a thin skinned early variety (68 days) and it's a slicing tomato for sandwiches, salads and salsas. They also hold up well in hot, humid weather. We'll give them a try. I've just ordered seeds from TomatoFest.

Elizabeth

Morgan wrote.........
However, if you NEED a tomato for a 30" bed, you might try  Taxi. It's determinate and hits about 2 feet tall full  grown. ;-) It's one of my favorite tomatoes.