livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] No till and market gardening (was tractors?)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] No till and market gardening (was tractors?)
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 00:28:12 -0500 (CDT)

People claim that initial tillage is sometimes necessary (I don't have enough
experience to argue this point), in which case my question was more about
initial soil prep than with continuing prep.

But my question still stands: is the use of a broadfork considered tillage?

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA

If a broadfork is needed, there is a lack of organic matter in the soil.

Ken