livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] How do you start?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] How do you start?
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 19:30:12 -0500

In the world of agriculture "no-till" often means use of herbicides to knock down plants before planting the next crop.  That's not what we mean.  All we're talking about is the use of permanent beds, usually raised and covered with mulch, to plant annual vegetable crops.  It's just like the gardening we've always done, but without the disturbance that is detrimental to soil microorganisms.  It works.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz