livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Interesting blog

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Interesting blog
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 12:09:46 -0500

Except that the article seemed to be geared toward folks just doing a little gardening (maybe their first venture).  I can understand not wanting to undertake canning - we don't do it because of all the hassle (yes, we have done it, and know what's involved).  However, we live in an environment where we can grow stuff all year round, so it's better for us to grow and eat fresh, than to can.  Also, we freeze any surplus that we can't eat.

My hope for articles like that is that they will pique the interest of non-gardeners and get them to try it in ways that won't overwhelm.  Then, maybe they get hooked.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz