livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Livingontheland Digest, Vol 113, Issue 5

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Livingontheland Digest, Vol 113, Issue 5
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 17:38:24 -0600

I don't know where you've been, but the financial news is getting grim,
food prices keep rising, global warming is an irreversible threat proved by
almost all independent climatologists, and Peak Oil is upon us now, not in
the future. It takes oil to mine and move coal, and natural gas close
enough to pipe to us won't last many more years. And I don't agree about
CSAs. You don't have to agree with me of course. But those who don't see
any crisis must be very well insulated financially from the day to day
realities millions of us face.