livingontheland - [Livingontheland] NYTimes.com: Food That Travels Well

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: emitch@worldnet.att.net
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] NYTimes.com: Food That Travels Well
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 18:20:53 -0400 (EDT)

Title: E-Mail This
The New York Times E-mail This
This page was sent to you by:  emitch@worldnet.att.net

Message from sender:
Although I strongly believe in "local first", meaning 1) your own garden 2)your local farmers' market, this article makes some good points. There are good farmers in other locations that deserve to make a living. We need to find better wasy to assure that they get real value for their efforts.

OPINION   | August 6, 2007
Op-Ed Contributor:  Food That Travels Well
By JAMES E. McWILLIAMS
Why imported produce may be better for the earth than local.

Most E-mailed
1. In Silicon Valley, Millionaires Who Don’t Feel Rich
2. What Autistic Girls Are Made Of
3. Op-Ed Contributor: Food That Travels Well
4. 36 Hours in the Cinque Terre, Italy
5. Is Santa Fe Ready for a Makeover?

»  Go to Complete List