livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The Hippies Were Right!

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dieter Brand <diebrand@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The Hippies Were Right!
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 01:28:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hear, hear!

TradingPostPaul <tradingpost@riseup.net> wrote:

Actually what we call "hippies" were a very tiny minority in their heyday.
In contrast, the overwhelming majority of youngsters did not drop out, they
stayed in school, closed their minds, joined corporations or the military,
and *they* were the ones who, as you put it, "drove the economy into the
ground". The hippies did not turn into blithering idiots. I know. When I
was at Texas A&M I saw the blithering idiots marching around, waiting their
turn to join the 50,000 sacrificed in The Nam.