livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Climate Change

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Climate Change
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:48:57 -0600

Actually my partner Barb recalls there was an event or something with All
Species and we talked to you there. I don't even remember being there at
the Railyard back then. We were able to catch a lot of local doings in the
Santa Fe area when we lived briefly in the old village of Chimayo to the
north. We saw one church there dating from 1600's http://chimayo.org/ . A
movie, Redford's Milagro Beanfield War, was done just north of Chimayo at
Truchas on the high road to Taos. I digress, but can't help it. We talked
once with the governor of the PicurĂ­s Pueblo dating from 1250
http://www.laplaza.org/penasco/picuris/picuris.html , the only pueblo that
never signed a treaty with the white man. The whole area, I've never
experienced anything quite like it, something in the air or water, some
overwhelming sense of place and meaning. This month we plan to catch a
community seed exchange at Embudo in the Rio Grande canyon north of Alcalde
http://www.dixonmarket.com/seedex.html .