livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] (no subject)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] (no subject)
  • Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 19:00:09 -0600

"The IPPC, of course, is the supreme court of climate science, established
by the United Nations and the World Meteorological Organization in 1988 to
assess research on global warming and its impacts."

"The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has been established
by WMO and UNEP to assess scientific, technical and socio- economic
information relevant for the understanding of climate change, its potential
impacts and options for adaptation and mitigation. It is currently
finalizing its Fourth Assessment Report "Climate Change 2007". The reports
by the three Working Groups provide a comprehensive and up-to-date
assessment of the current state of knowledge on climate change. The
Synthesis Report integrates the information around six topic areas."

see http://www.ipcc.ch/

Everyone is entitled to their own take on it. I for one am not going to
argue against the overwhelming concensus of the world's scientists, and I
can't accept that global warming is a gigantic conspiracy.