livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] (no subject)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Gloria Baikauskas <gcb49@flash.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] (no subject)
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 19:53:10 -0700 (PDT)

Paul wrote:  Everyone is entitled to their own take on it. I for
one am not going to
argue against the overwhelming concensus of the
world's scientists, and I
can't accept that global warming is a gigantic
conspiracy.
I did not say global warming didn't exist.  It does.  It is just that it is also happening on the other planets in the solar system.  It was reported....but it got lost because the media didn't make a big deal out of it.  I read it on the internet myself in many places.

I do believe we are better stewards of our world, if we try to keep the greenhouse gases down.....but a couple of years ago in Europe it was discovered that cutting greenhouse gases was causing a new problem.  I forget what it is called.  That was before there was any controversy over any of this.  It was also reported in the news....but it was lost in the shuffle apparently.

Climate change is occurring I truly believe.  I also believe it is a natural occurrence we cannot change.  Man adapted to it before when it happened.  Being alarmist over it now will solve nothing.  Trying to learn to grow plants for food the best way we can to survive it all is what we are doing here.   We know how to make the soil hold more moisture by adding organic matter to it.  We know to mulch it to make that an even better deal.  I could go on about what we know on this forum....but you all know it already.....about growing food crops.

Gloria