livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Bridging the Gap: Garden to Table

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: The De Mesas <thedemesas@bellsouth.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Bridging the Gap: Garden to Table
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:01:50 -0500

Mitch,

I have had Nourishing Traditions for several years now. I think I bought one sometime in 2000. It is not a book about becoming a vegetarian. It is about "real" food and what is known as slow food. We started kefiring and drinking raw milk as well as other diet changes. I actually sat down and read the book cover to cover when I bought it and have been dipping into sections at a time ever since as we change the way we eat and prepare our food.

I highly recommend it to anyone. I learned more about fats, carbs, and food additives.

Blessings,
Deborah